1. And the Mountains Echoed By Khaled Hosseini (Viking Canada, $30.00)
2. Joyland By Stephen King (Hard Case Crime, $12.95)
3. The Silver Star By Jeannette Walls (Scribner, $29.99)
4.The Ocean at the End of the Lane By Neil Gaiman (William Morrow, $27.99)
Neil Gaiman's new book is a huge hit, and he's got the sore wrist to prove it: Last week, as his U.S. book tour wound down, it was announced that he'd signed over 40,000 books. He's in Canada soon, where he'll doubtless have more scribbling to do. He even signed the advance copies of The Ocean at the End of the Lane; they were mailed to reviewers in a signed and numbered edition of 500.
5. The Rosie Project By Graeme Simison (HarperCollins, $19.99)
6. The Silent Wife By A.S.A. Harrison (Penguin Canada, $18.00)
7. Wild By Cheryl Strayed (Vintage, $18.95)
8. Let's Explore Diabetes With Owls By David Sedaris (Little, Brown, $30.00)
9. The Spark By Kristine Barnett (Random House, $29.95)
10. Gone Girl By Gillian Flynn (Crown, $29.95)
Countless readers have wandered into the dark and endlessly twisted marriage of Nick and Amy, as conceived of by author Gillian Flynn. The labyrinthine story in Gone Girl is deliciously troubling and, apparently, addictive – it's sold well over two million copies. Even The New Yorker begrudgingly admitted the populist thriller was "mostly well-crafted."