The Globe is looking for a smart, driven journalist to join our Mobile & Interactive News group.
This tightly knit team works with reporters and editors across the newsroom to push the boundaries of digital storytelling.
Why you should work with us
The audience for our journalism has never been greater: We can reach Canadians in ways never imagined just a few years ago.
Nearly half of our digital readership is coming to us from mobile devices, and that number is only growing. This means we're committed to constant experimentation as our readers' habits continue to evolve at a blistering pace.
Every day, we are exploring the future of journalism. We create ambitious, impactful projects in collaboration with the best journalists in the country.
What we're looking for
Someone to design and build great interactive stories, data visualizations and awesome publishing tools for our digital editors.
- have a rich portfolio demonstrating a strong background in journalism
- aren’t scared of spreadsheets
- can work confidently in Photoshop and other design or prototyping software
- may also have experience with PHP, Python, Ruby or other scripting languages
- thrive on working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- understand (and are excited about) the ways in which mobile is changing journalism
- love experimenting and learning new things on a daily basis
Sound like fun? Send a résumé, cover letter, and links to a few examples of your work to InteractiveEditor.Globeandmail@hiredesk.net.
Some examples of our work