We're getting ready to launch some new features in Watchlist and need your help.
We have a draft ready for a new alerts service. It works as an overlay, so that you get the menu below when you want to set up an alert or several alerts for each stock.
What do you think?
Which alerts would you like to see? Here is a selection of what we could offer, though we won't be able to offer all of them. What are your top choices?
- Price rises above or falls below a certain $ figure
- Latest price moves up or down (since previous closing price)
- The stock has gained or lost 5%, 10%, 15% or 20% since you set the alert
- Company declares a dividend
- An article about this company has been been written by the Globe
- An article about this company has been written by another news source
- The stock has broken above its 50-day moving average
- The stock has broken below its 50-day moving average
- The stock has broken above its 200-day moving average
- The stock has broken below its 200-day moving average
- The stock has hit a 52-week high
- The stock has hit a 52-week low
- The analyst consensus recommendation has changed, such as from buy to sell
Are we missing any? How many alerts would you want to receive or how much would you use this feature?
Please leave your suggestions by clicking on the comments link.
Thanks for all your continuing input and feedback on our Watchlist.
Scott Adams Executive Editor Report on Business