Skip to main content

Melissa King/iStockphoto

As you get ready to file your tax return, are you planning to take advantage of the home reno tax credit or children's fitness credit? Are you going to use income splitting to lower your tax bill?

If you are one of the many Canadians who are not sure what other credits and deductions are out there, and which ones you qualify for, here's a chance to ask a tax expert. Cleo Hamel, senior tax analyst at H&R Block, was online and took your questions.

To replay the discussion, click on the live blog box below.

Story continues below advertisement

Ms. Hamel joined H&R Block in January 2000 as a tax associate and was a tax course instructor, an assistant district manager and district manager before taking her current position in 2006. Prior to joining H&R Block, she was an independent financial adviser, with a broker's license, in the Calgary area.

She attended the University of Calgary and studied French, Italian and Spanish with a minor in Business and is fluent in French and Italian. She completed her Management Certificate in 1994.

<iframe src="" scrolling="no" height="650px" width="600px" frameBorder ="0" allowTransparency="true" ><a href="" >Tax tips: Ask Cleo Hamel</a></iframe>

Report an error Licensing Options
Comments are closed

We have closed comments on this story for legal reasons. For more information on our commenting policies and how our community-based moderation works, please read our Community Guidelines and our Terms and Conditions.