Skip to main content

The Globe and Mail

Students, young adults, ask us how you can save on taxes

Should young adults, the ones who earn little or no money, bother filing a tax return? What kinds of tax breaks are available to students and how do they go about getting them?

Chartered accountant Robin Taub, the author of A Parent's Guide to Raising Money-Smart Kids, answered your tax-related questions. Ms. Taub, who lives in Toronto with her family, has held professional positions in both audit and taxation at two of Canada's largest accounting firms and now consults in the field of financial literacy. She blogs on personal tax matters for the Investor Education Fund.

Mobile users can join the discussion here.

Story continues below advertisement

<iframe src="" width='458' height='600' frameborder='0' style='border: 1px solid #000'></iframe>

Report an error
Comments are closed

We have closed comments on this story for legal reasons. For more information on our commenting policies and how our community-based moderation works, please read our Community Guidelines and our Terms and Conditions.

Combined Shape Created with Sketch.

Combined Shape Created with Sketch.

Thank you!

You are now subscribed to the newsletter at

You can unsubscribe from this newsletter or Globe promotions at any time by clicking the link at the bottom of the newsletter, or by emailing us at